
Rx:

T. Leo & C. Wilson:

James! 1/5 of N.O.U.!

T. F. Leo:

Ted Leo/Rx soccer scarf! Want!

Good show! Very miscellaneous crowd. There were olds scattered throughout amongst the randomest lot of folks. Ears still ringing, tired eyes burning. I love this.
-----
Wait. UPDATE. After waking up some and letting last night sink in, I have to say that last night's show was just o.k. First of all, $15?!!! I missed The Reds and The Moving Front, but that is my own fault. I am not accustomed to shows starting ON TIME. The act before Ted Leo/Rx was some fella playing acoustic guitar, too long, too loud. It was AWFUL. I had to go outside to escape the pain in my bleeding ears. I wondered why people looked so shocked when I told them I thought it was t'rrble because it turned out to be Kevin Seconds of 7 Seconds fame. Well, I can't & shouldn't apologize. It isn't my bag, right? Ted Leo & Co. were great, but the sound at Vino's is so so so so so so horrible. Ted Leo didn't sound like Ted Leo. Frankly, I should've just hung out in the last stall of the ladies restroom; that's where it sounds the best in that venue. Lordy. And was it just me or did the band seem not too into it? Maybe because the sound was so bad? Also, I dislike it when people text or status update or whatever it is they are doing on their phone while watching a show. Stop it. I'm sorry you are sooooooo bored, but it's distracting to me! I promise, I'm not being a grump. I think that show would have been better @ WWT, even Mr. Seconds.
KMHD & I handed out handbills for the Joyce Elliiott fundraiser. I kept approaching people & offering them one and they answered, "Oh, K already gave me one." Then Will was like, "You need to give them to strangers." I just looked at him completely mortified. But, that's what I ended up doing. I also ended up sneaking them into people's pockets and bags during the show. Heh. The thought of them being all, "The HELL?" when they discover it tickles me. We really need people to come to this thing. You can't make people care, but I feel this group I'm working with, we are trying to make Arkansas even awesomer.
Edit: I renamed this post, it came to me in a half-awake state.
2 comments:
Do you bring ear plugs to shows?
Does wadded up toilet paper count?
Post a Comment